Week 4

In my research these past weeks I came across some great, scholarly research. The problem with that was that reading article after article of the same, precise, academic language almost put me to sleep.

Now I don't have strong negative feelings towards academic journal writings because the information in them is usually what I find most interesting. While I have a bias away from scholarly sources, I always find myself reading them because I love the facts. With that being said, I like to think that when I sit down to write this big, important, 35 page thesis, I can successfully write a mixture of amusing narrative sprinkled with all the facts for the committee to firmly believe in what I say.

The research that I have an interest in typically uses studies, and interviews, and experiments to get their facts. Or they use someone else's facts, but I don't judge. In my findings the most interesting of the facts I read were based on two very different topics: the neuroscience or the sociology of food nostalgia. One is very book and science based, while the other is more based off of humans as a whole, there are books on sociology but it's a much more visible science.

Comments