My name is Bella, I was born and raised in southeastern Pennsylvania. I just finished my Associates Degree in Baking and Pastry Arts and am continuing on getting my Bachelors in Pastry Arts as well. I’ve always had a love for school which is how I ended up here, at Johnson & Wales, rather than a trade school like the CIA. 
My interests are the typical cooking and baking like every other culinary student, but I have my one distinguishing trait: I have my black belt in taekwondo. I never believed my brother that martial arts would be something that I’d love until I tried it and couldn’t stop. I attended taekwondo since I was 11 until I graduated and left for my college when I was 18. Being a large part of my life for so long it shaped a lot of who I am today. 
My other distinguishing quality among people my age is how much I’ve traveled, my parents try to take us everywhere with them. My experiences being other places helps me see unique things where I live and appreciate other things that some people might not think of.

I’m a very curious person so I when I have a question about something I saw or heard I do the informal aspect of research and look up the information or the answer. I also have actual research experience mostly from my college English classes and then my high school classes before that. My largest research paper and presentation was my Honors Civics Discourse class my freshman year where I researched the bias of abortion laws in the country. Because of the environment I’ve been writing in I’ve had more papers where my role is more informing my readers of problems, solutions, or persuading them in a specific direction based on hard evidence.

Comments